Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The first signs of spring


I am sitting here chewing a piece of egg shaped bubble gum sent, via mail, to me by my oldest friend (basically sister) Cami.

The excitement of Spring, the warming air, the beautiful flowers, and the aroma of sage. BTW the flavor of my gum is already gone. Anyway, I love spring and getting those yummy bubble gum eggs today was awesome nostalgia. It took me back to Easter baskets, Cadbury Eggs, chocolate bunnies, dying eggs, jump rope, bike riding ,and the best part... School was almost out for summer!!

As an adult with no kids the simple things that make spring.. well.. spring can easily be forgone without another thought. So this year, with the help of some inspiration by Cami, I've decided to just go ahead and do all the little things. Today Kirby and I planted flowers and herbs. Who knows what we'll do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment